Monday, October 17, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

Hi Everyone!
Now it's my turn to apologize for absences!! I just returned from an absolutely wonderful vacation. First, and most specially, I got to see almost all of the amazing women I was blessed to know in college. These women were so crucial to my spiritual and emotional formation and oh-em-gee do I love them.

Secondly, we all got be witnesses at the wedding for one of these ladies. The bride was gorgeous, her husband cried, and fete was lovely- we danced the night away!!

Lastly, a full day of my 4 day trip was dedicated to my all-time favorite place on earth. While one doesn't have to know me well to know what a special place the Mouse has in my heart, let me just state that I seriously heart Disneyland. Now, don't be tempted to think that my love for Disneyland only exists because I just haven't been anywhere cooler- not so. Without tooting my own horn too much, I am a very well traveled 23-year-old. For me, there really is no place happier. As soon as I break through the front gates, my heart is light. I get so nostalgic for the generations of people who have walked Main Street U.S.A before me, and for the joy that countless generations after me will get to experience. It's magical. Confession: Disneyland fireworks make me cry. Every. Single. Time. Even more so at Christmastime when they make it 'snow'.

The only negative experience I've ever had with Mickey and Co. was when they informed me that I was too tall to be a princess and I could leave the casting call. Other than realizing I would never be a Radio City Music Hall Rockette, this experience was one of the most heart breaking. I've put it as far behind me as I can, though I expect there will always be a twinge of bitterness.

Anywho- Here's some documentation of the happiness!







Some quality time at our favorite pumpkin patch in Santa Barbara!
Enjoying the Wedding Reception




 The Happiest Place on Earth!


Hope you got your own little mini vaca from my pictures!
Happy Monday!!

-Magpie the Mousketeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment