Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween!

Halloween is fast approaching and while I don't necessarily like all the scary, creepy parts, I really love any opportunity to dress up and eat sweets. Eagle and I also share an obsession with most things kitschy and retro, so this year I decided to merge the kitsch and costume. For a friend's Halloween party, I decided to go as a 'beehive.'

I apologize for the quality of the picture but, meh. You get the gist. I styled my hair into a traditional 50's/60's style beehive (didn't get it quite as high as I've seen them- but I was short on time!) Then I attached craft bees (found in the floral section of my craft store) to wires and wrapped them around bobbypins. I finished it off with retro make up- lots of powder, cat eyeliner, false lashes, and red lipstick! I was pretty pleased with the outcome!




This is me and very sweet Tigerlily. We had a blast!

Anyone else have creative costume ideas?

Happy Halloween,
Magpie-

No comments:

Post a Comment