Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday DIY!

It's been such a lovely Saturday! I went hard core garage sale hunting this morning with a friend and had some major success! I scored a lovely sideboard (well, it will be lovely when I get through with it!) for $20!!! I was so excited. After lunch, I did some sitting around and blog surfing and I came across '20 Ways to Decorate with Book Pages,' on the design blog Nesting Place. Insta-inspiration!! Serious.

I was so inspired, that I immediately set to work on a project. I have serious (though silly) issues with very generic light fixtures in prominent places. They can be such an awesome statement and it drives me crazy when they are boring. So I decided to create a book page chandelier for over my kitchen table. The best part, is that the one I was inspired to create slides right over the pre-existing fixture (perfect, because I am a renter).

So. Here is the process:



1. I taped flimsy poster-board together so that it just fit around my light fixture. Then, starting at 
the bottom, I hot-glued pages helter-skelter! 



2. The gluing continues!





Finished product, all lit up!!




Hope you've had a creative weekend!
Magpie

P.S. In case you were curious- I used one of my 3 copies of Pride & Prejudice. Classy, I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment