Friday, July 15, 2011

Je ne sais pas...

Some mornings I wake up and have an obsession -- not a long-lasting obsession, but one that feeds my inspiration for the day and then passes on ever-so-gently like a little, puffy cloud bobbing around the sweet, blue sky.

This morning I felt very French.


One of my favorite parts of the (stereotypical) French aesthetic is stripes.  There is something effortlessly chic and modern about stripes. They are geometric and yet easily unobtrusive.  Of course they can easily make as bold of a statement as we desire, but they are vintage and current all at the same time.


I've never been to France, but in my fantasies women walk around in bright red pencil skirts and snug, black-and-white striped tops with a pastry in one hand and a leather clutch in the other.  They effortlessly embody what a "woman" should be:  sophisticated, put-together, confident, and infused with a sense of undeniable taste and style.  


One day I will go to France and settle in at a different cafe every day and sip my coffee and eat my croissant and live my little French fantasy.  But until then, I shall revel in the pictures of my future French life and settle for my cup of Starbucks instead. 



- Eagle


No comments:

Post a Comment