Monday, August 15, 2011

Get-a-way, Revisited

Toward the end of last week, I was getting really antsy for adventure. I was also running really low (I mean seriously low) on cash. And in my experience, I've determined that usually, cash available directly influences distance (and sometimes duration) of adventure. Therefore, I was feeling hopeless and stuck.

But it was not to be so! My parents (who have a much more vibrant social life than I) had planned a trip to the beach to stay with another couple in their condo Friday night! And since they wouldn't outright tell me I would be crashing their party, I invited myself along!

Friday night included sea food, drinks, and fresh night air on the balcony and this is what I woke up to on Saturday morning:




How stinking gorgeous?! It really was wonderful. Now that I live in suburbia, I've found that I need to be more intentional of seeking out beauty in nature and this will definitely tide me over for a while. I started this glorious morning off by walking to a coffee shop with my dad. Then we spent some time wandering used book stores and historic buildings, and I finished off my stay floating in the pool overlooking the beach. It was glorious. Not a huge, grand adventure but some lovely time with my parents and a nice view- it's restored my soul for a little while, at least.

-Magpie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment