Friday, December 2, 2011

Haul Out the Holly and All of your Wonderful Black Clothes!


It’s December! It’s December! While I know that the holidays freak a bunch of people out, I on the other hand, thrive during the holiday season. First and foremost, it’s almost Christmas which is the best holiday ever, what with all its cheer, delicious smells, reasons to be crafty, and of course, the birth of our Savior! But more than Christmas, I am just such a fan of winter! I despise hot weather and here in Texas, it finally drops below 70 degrees in December. Coats, sweaters, and boots, come out and swim suits get stuffed away (praise the Lord!) Black makes a reappearance accompanied by a myriad of colorful, patterned tights and scarves. Hair colors go darker and pale skin is social acceptable!
Before you people in snowy states get all crazy on me, telling me that winter in Texas isn’t really winter and I should try one where it REALLY gets cold, let me tell you- I have and I loved every minute of it, save for a few slippery car-ice situations. So there! *sticks tongue out*
I thought I would share with you an ode to my black turtleneck, which I am currently wearing and will wear religiously throughout the remainder of the cold months and likely into the months where it should still be cold but gets unseasonably warm anyway.

Ah the color black.
You hug the curves you should, and
Make the rest look flat.

Warm  wishes,
Magpie

1 comment:

  1. So true, Magpie! As a transplanted Yankee I'm happy for the taste of winter and grateful that it's only a spoonful!

    ReplyDelete