Sunday, December 11, 2011

DIY Cakestands!

Hello little birds! Firstly, I should let you all know that I'm obsessed with cake stands. Cake stands and tea pots are my downfall, really. And today, as I was meandering through my local Anthropologie store, they had some really beautiful plates and stemware on sale. I don't even use the stemware I already own and the plates match nothing in my kitchen but they were too pretty to pass up! And they were on sale! Plus 30% off!

So I decided to buy them and turn them into cake stands! I got two glasses of varying heights and two dessert plates for just under $20. Using some E6000, I glued the bottom of the glasses to the center of the bottom of each plate and Wah-Lah! Cake Stands!

Here's the finished product:




So easy and adorable! Now I just need to entertain!

Au Revior!
Magpie

1 comment: