Monday, January 9, 2012

Soul Train

EVERYONE.

I have a new obsession that is taking over my life.  THE 70s!!



Ok, ok.  I know.  I fully realize that the 70s have been taking over the trends for a few seasons now, but it is just now infesting my style.  I often find myself so enamored by the 50s and 60s that I ignore the decade of delightful tackiness. 

When I was little, I was actually obsessed with this decade.  I had a bedroom full of disco balls, smiley faces, blow-up furniture, and black lights. Yes, I had lots of friends. 

Anywho, when the 70s came back with a vengeance a couple of years ago, I was completely uninterested. I literally said to myself, "this is the one decade I will never get on board with."

I eat my words.  And they are good.

High-waisted flares? YES PLEASE. Huge hair parted down the middle? ABSOLUTELY.  Huge green sunglasses? OKAY.  Maxi dresses? DONE.  Huge-ass platforms?  DUH. 






Guys, it's about to get crazy.  If you need me, I'll be having a melt-down steeped in polyester leisure suits. 

-- Eagle

1 comment: