Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's a New Year, Birds!

Happy New Year to everyone!

I don't know about you guys, but this year has been a doozy.  School was one hundred percent insanity for me.  I was holding down a part time job at a very corporate coffee shop, working a new internship with a fantastic artist, going to school 17 hours a week, and tossing in a hefty 30+ hours of homework. Not really sure how I survived, but alas I did.

Here are a some pictures of a few of my final projects.  The photography skills aren't super great, but it shall have to suffice.

For my Illustration class, I had to come up with a fantasy garment and then design ready-to-wear off of that garment.  I came up with the theme "Stepford Wives" and my fantasy garment is worn by a robot house wife whose human skin is starting to reveal itself.  Her skirt is made of a pie and her top is a picket fence.




These are some other illustrations from my class that weren't part of my final project, but part of my portfolio.




This is my final dress from my clothing construction class.  It's kind of hard to tell all of the details, but its a 1960s inspired dress that has a detachable box pleat on the back. I'm mildly obsessed with the leopard print fabric.


And this was my final project for my color theory class.  We had to pick a product out that had really unattractive packaging and then use our knowledge of color to redesign a package.  I picked out a box of pantyhose that looked like a really crappy box of tampons.  I decided that since the brand is called l'eggs it should be an egg carton of pantyhose that are dyed different colors.  I called this project "Christmas Stockings."



This semester is shaping up to be equally as insane, if not more so. I'm hoping and praying that I can handle it all for a few more months.  I'm also desperately trying to sneak in a trip abroad for spring break.  At least that way I'll have something to look forward to. I'm like a kid. I need gold stars for hard work. And in this case, gold stars are trips to Ireland.

The New Years holiday also brought some fantastic time spent with Magpie.  She was able to come to Nashville for a long weekend and we had oh so much catching up to do. I wouldn't have chosen a better way to bring in the new year.  Our trip mostly centered around food, naturally.  I'm pretty sure we both have enough food built up in our bodies to hibernate like little bears.


I'll let Magpie post all of her fantastic pictures of our trip, since she was documenting for the most part. This is a picture of us dining at McNamara's Irish Pub on New Years Eve. Great food.  Great beer.  

Well little birds, I can't wait to see what this year brings for us all. Here's to an exciting, creative, and productive 2012!

--Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment