Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'm sure it's Fall somewhere...

Well hello old friends! Nice to see you again! How was your summer? Mine was exorbitantly hot. Then again, I do live in Houston and I suppose I should expect it- but I swear to you that every summer I am absolutely amazed at how hot it gets and that there are so many people who deal with it.

There are many, many things I love about Houston. Southern hospitality, southern accents, cheesy grits, guns, rodeo, cowboy boots... But the one thing I absolutely hate is the heat. Now you may think to yourself- why is she writing about heat in late October? Well I'll tell you. Because it's still hot. While many of my lovely friends in New England, on the east coast, or across the pond are bundled up and enjoying snow, I remain in my flipflops. Every once and a while I decide to dress for the season and not the weather, donning my boots and sweater and by 11 am with sweat dripping down my back, I sincerely regret that decision.

To make matters worse, I work in retail where Christmas is already upon us! Our store showcases, live christmas trees, fake snow, tinsel, christmas ornaments and lots of paper mache'd winterey woodland creatures. It makes you feel all warm and cozy inside til you open the front door and get blasted by hot air!

Still, I choose to live in Houston. I love my home. I probably won't leave anytime soon. But that will not stop me from my bi-annual I-hate-Houston's-lack-of-seasons rant.

Thank you for listening.

Love,
Magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment