Friday, February 10, 2012

Me Too!

Hello everyone! So Magpie finally broke the ice and threw up a post, and I thought I might as well throw one out there, too.

Firstly, apologies to our HUGE following that we have been semi MIA. ; )

I feel like I have a bit of an excuse seeing as I am taking 18 hours of classes, working 20 hours at the-corporate-coffee-shop-that-shall-not-be-named, working 10 hours at my school's publishing company, interning two days a week, and not to mention doing HOMEWORK. I'm swamped. And that's an understatement.

This semester has kicked my butt.  I'm struggling to stay on top of everything I have to do and IF I catch up  with everything I need to do, I'm still behind.

Every semester there is one class that seems to dangle the carrot of good grades in front of my face while I run mercilessly trying to eat it.  But I'm stuck on that darn treadmill and find myself not only chasing after something that I will never reach, but I have at least one anxiety attack in the process. This semester accounting is that class.  The information in accounting is not that hard.  In fact, I'm 100 % sure that I could sit down with an Accounting for Dummies book and figure out the information I need to know.  But for whatever reason, my class makes me feel like a complete idiot.  I feel like it is assumed that I'm just another stupid fashion student and I apparently have no idea how to run my future-business.  This makes me oh-so-angry.  So far, I've had to spend additional hours at home relearning the material from class just so that I can prove to my teacher and myself that I know what I'm talking about.

Let's just say that I'm already burned out.  I'm barely a month in and I want to quit school, pack a bag, and be a vagabond while knitting scarves to pay my way around the world.  This seems like a great solution to my problem.

Okay so maybe I won't do that.  But seriously, this semester is trying my patience and my sanity. The one thing keeping me afloat right now, though, is my spring break trip to Ireland.  That will not be here soon enough.  I desperately need to get out of here. And seeing some of my favorite people in the whole world wonn't hurt either.

I hope everyone is doing well out there! Try and stay less stressed than me ; )

-- Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment